Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 8: My iphone


So here I am on day 8 and already sharing my iphone with you. I think now a days you get one of these when you learn to talk lol. Its funny how growing up in the digital age changes how one views the world. I remember when I was younger and we had this huge snow storm in the mountains and it knocked out the power for about 2 weeks. My grandparents just simply reverted back to the old ways and missed having the electricty but were somewhat unbothered by the incident. Me on the other hand felt for the first time what it was truly like to be bored. After I realized the power wasnt coming back on no matter how many times I flipped the light switch in my room. I never went to bed early when I was little and those 2 weeks I went to bed about 8 or 9 since the house got so dark and all we had was candle light. I began to realize though there was something to this old way of life while we were with out power, I got to hear some amazing stories about my greatgranpa and what it was like for him growing up and my families stories. The power eventually came back on and things went back to normal but I had an even great appreciation for the more simple things in life and how they brought people together. I still find myself though racing to get the newest and coolest cell phone or piece of technology. I have to say though this is probably one of the best phones out there. You can see my facebook and myspace icons there and others. When I do go home to visit though we dont have any towers what so ever so no cell phone so I have to go back to the old telephone system and internet lol funny huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment